People write poetry because poetry enables you to just express yourself and your ideas better. when you write poetry, you just go really deep with your emotions and dig deep.
The activities that we did in the five ILT days were Terminology, Poetry Writing, Black Out Poetry, Analyzing Poems, Imagery and Self-Reflection.
Terminology: The first task I did was Terminology, what we had to do is we had to we had to search up words and look up what they meant, so my team and I we put the meaning on Pic Collage and did and Explain Everything about the words.
Poetry Writing: For poetry writing my group and I we had to Find out what the structure and the 'rules' are for the types of poems. The words we were given was, Limerick, Acrostic Poem, Haiku, Colour Poem and Cinquain. After knowing what the rules of the words were we had to choose a central theme as a group. Then we had to brainstorm and mind-map our theme. Once we were done, we had to use our 'ideas page' as inspiration. After that we had to write three different poems about the same theme but the poems had to be written in different styles.
Black Out Poetry: A blackout poem is when a poet takes a marker (usually black marker) to an established text- like in a newspaper- and starts redacting words until a poem is formed. What I had to do for this take is that my teacher, had to give me a page from an old book (none of the books were harmed). Then I had to use my page to create a Blackout Poem, using a black permanent marker. My poem had to link to the page.
Poetry Slam; Poetry Slam means, a poetry slam is an event at which poets read or recite original work for an audience. What to my group and i had to do, is we had to choose any topic of our choice as a group. the topic we chose was FEAR.
Analyzing Poems: This task was an individual task, so what i had to do was I had to choose one of the following classical poems and to use it to answer some questions. The poem that i choose was 'My Shadow' by Robert Louis Stevenson.
Imagery; This task was also and Individual. What i had to is I had to, choose one poem and the poem must inspire me. The poem that I chose was 'The Tyger' by, William Blake.
Self-reflection; Self-Reflection means; serious thought about one's character and actions. This task was also an individual task. What i had to do for this task was, i had to make a Google Doc and answer some questions about the ILT.
My personal best activity was the Poetry Slam because you could stretch your mind on how far you want to go about a topic for the poem. And what i loved about Poetry Slam the most was my group and I, we were giving our thoughts on peoples fears.
To me, I think that the most challenging activity was the Black Out Poetry because, you had to draw something connected linked to a page from a book.
When I was preforming my Poetry slam with my group in front of others,I felt really scared because I thought that I might mess up my lines or just freeze.
The new words that I learned was Analogy, Pun, Assonance, Consonance, Onomatopoeia and Stanza.
What I learned about myself is that, sometimes I can go really really deep with poetry and I just express or pour out my feelings to much when it comes to poetry.
My personal best activity was the Poetry Slam because you could stretch your mind on how far you want to go about a topic for the poem. And what i loved about Poetry Slam the most was my group and I, we were giving our thoughts on peoples fears.
To me, I think that the most challenging activity was the Black Out Poetry because, you had to draw something connected linked to a page from a book.
When I was preforming my Poetry slam with my group in front of others,I felt really scared because I thought that I might mess up my lines or just freeze.
The new words that I learned was Analogy, Pun, Assonance, Consonance, Onomatopoeia and Stanza.
What I learned about myself is that, sometimes I can go really really deep with poetry and I just express or pour out my feelings to much when it comes to poetry.
No comments:
Post a Comment