Hello, My name is Alisse. I live in an informal settlement. I had such a typical busy day today. I did lots of chores with my mom today, I never had the time to play, sit and watch tv, just nothing. I had to cook with my mom, take care of my little sister, wash the clothes, wash the dishes, everything. For 9 years I have experienced what it’s like to live in an informal settlement. My dad works for long hours until 9:00 pm or early than that.
I struggle a lot these days because, I have a big family. And we don’t have toilets in our house, we have to walk out of the house to go to the toilets. I really don’t like the way that the toilets look and how they smell. But I have to live with it, because where are we going to get so much money for a house that we would all like to live in. It’s a huge struggle for my family. Everday, each morning and afternoon, my sisters, my mom and I always go collect water for our house. When we walk to go collect water, we see rubbish on the side of the road. No one is able to even pick it up and put it in the dumpster.
At school we really don’t learn much, there is only 10 text books for 25 children. There is only 15 chairs, instead of 25 chairs. But I strive really hard for my studies. For me it’s tough because I want they I want my future to be. Sometimes I struggle with my studies and I ask my mom to help. But I wish I could help my mom with paying my school fees but it’s too much to pay for.
My sister has arrived in Cape Town. She is the most important person in my life, we may have fights, but she understands how I’m struggling. She understands how I feel to be struggling at school. She can also tell if I am lying to her. She is the best person that I have wished for. She bought my family and I food. She works for a very expensive job, and I am happy for her.
I would make life easier if I dropped out of school, because then my family and I could make more money. Because it’s a lot of money to buy the things we need. To buy groceries, clothes all the other stuff we need. It is going t9 take a lot of time to get the right money. I want to be able to go to a proper school, with fully good education. I also want to learn more in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment